- 125 years in India
- Bayer in India
- Crop Science
- Consumer Health
- Country Leadership Team
- Contact us
Bayer Vapi is a core manufacturing site for the company globally and the single largest synthetic pyrethroids production facility of Bayer in the world. Located at Vapi in Gujarat, it is fully backward integrated with production, starting from basic chemicals to active ingredients and intermediates for application in crop protection, animal health as well as home and garden applications.
The site produces active ingredients for use not only in India but also for exports to countries like the USA, Brazil, France, Germany, Indonesia, Japan and Australia, with nearly 80% of the company’s production volumes being exported. Further, in addition to various internal customers within the Bayer world, the Vapi site manufactures custom-made intermediates required by other multinational companies in the Agrochemical and animal health industry like Sumitomo, BASF, Syngenta, etc.
Bayer Vapi Private Limited is a 100% owned subsidiary of Bayer SAS France. The site is more than 29 years old and has over 1200 Full Time Employees. Spread over 85 acres, the Bayer Vapi site has 12 manufacturing plants for 11 active ingredients and 12 intermediates. It has excellent infrastructure including utilities, energies, incinerator, ETP (Effluent Treatment Plant), OHC (Occupational Health Center), raw material & goods warehouse safety, engineering, and related functions.
The Company has been taking significant strides to enhance capacities and infrastructure at the facility. The site includes a state-of-the-art Global Formulation Technology Lab, a fully automated DCS (distributed control system) plant for the manufacture of Cypermethric Acid, an Ethiprole plant, an integrated warehouse, infrastructure upgradation for fix fire protection and safety systems and low-temperature evaporation with mechanical vapor re-compression (MVR) technology. The site also has a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) plant to cater to specific requirements of the animal health industry.
Bayer Vapi accords topmost priority to sustainable development, safety of employees, environment as well as neighboring communities. Bayer Vapi is certified for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and 45001 and has been recertified in 2022 with the Responsible Care Logo for three years. At Bayer Vapi, all processes, plants, and equipment are designed so that safety risks are reduced to a level as low as reasonably practical, to avoid unjustifiable risks to people and the environment. The site has also planted several trees within & outside the site and developed a green belt and multiple gardens to further contribute towards environmental protection.
The Corporate Societal Engagement projects undertaken by Bayer Vapi include:
- Bayer has partnered with Niti Aayog since 2021 to support various initiatives of the Atal Innovation Mission. The company has opened ATAL Tinkering labs, encouraging science education amongst students in various schools across Vapi.
- Support towards the renovation and construction of a modernized extension at Audhyogik Vasahat Primary School at GIDC Vapi together with MAA Foundation.
- Modernization of the ICU Centre and set up of a state-of-the-art Neuro-Physiotherapy Centre at a local hospital and set-up of an oxygen plant in 2021 at the LG Haria Hospital in Vapi.
- Setting up of three telemedicine centers in Valsad District to provide complete healthcare solutions and awareness sessions on health & hygiene.
- Green Gujarat Award 2023 for an extraordinary contribution and commitment of organizations in Gujarat towards a greener future and is a testimony of Bayer’s commitment to sustainability
- Certificate of Merit for “Best Compliant Company for Process Safety Code” under Responsible Care by the Indian Chemical Council for the year 2022
- Factory of the Future 2022: Bayer Vapi was chosen as one of the 'Factories of the Future' under the Economic Times Promising Plants initiatives for 2022
- Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) Award for SHE Excellence and Innovation 2020
- Indian Chemical Council (ICC) – Responsible Care® award for ‘Pollution Prevention’ and ‘Emergency Response’ in 2020
- Indian Chemical Council (ICC) Certificate of Merit for ‘Excellence in Human Resource Management’ in the chemical industry in 2019
- HR Excellence Awards (2nd runner up) for “Leading Practices in HR Transformation” by PeopleFirst in 2019
- Gujarat State CSR Award for “Cohesive & Strategic CSR Partnership Project” in 2018
- ‘Strong Excellence Commitment to HR Excellence’ award by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in 2017
- ‘Commitment to Excellence in Human Relations’ award by Employer’s Federation of India in 2017
- Sustainability Award for ‘Excellence in Safety in Chemical Sector’ by FICCI in 2015
- 'The Most Environment Friendly Company in Chemicals Sector' by the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) in 2015
- ‘LEEDTM India NC Gold’ by IGBC (Indian Green Building Council) in 2015
- HR Best Practices by Dun & Bradstreet India in association with Sodexo India in 2015
- ‘Best Boiler User Industry’ at SteamTech in 2015